Toscelik Profil Ve Sac Endustrisi AS won an auction to buy Zeljezara AD Niksic (ZEHK), paying 15.1 million euros ($20 million) for the unprofitable Montenegrin steel plant.
Toscelik, part of Tosyali Holding, bought the Niksic-based mill after four previous auctions failed, Montenegro’s Economy Minister Vladimir Kavaric said in a statement on the government’s website today. Zeljezara’s court-appointed receivership administration set the asking price at 15 million euros in the latest auction, half of what it asked in January.
The steelworks was put into bankruptcy a year ago when a workers union demanded overdue wages.(Bloomberg)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Massive Security Operation Underway to Protect the 73rd Session of UNGA
- New York Turkish Apparel Center (TAC) Is Aspiring to Be The New Marketplace for U.S. Buyer
- Aziz Sancar's New Turkish Community Center Aims to Bring Turkish Culture to America
- Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya Considers Going Public
- Dr. Oz Recounts His Visits to Syrian Refugee Camps