(MENAFN - The Journal Of Turkish Weekly) A U.S. court has ruled to start the trial of Reza Zarrab, an Iranian-born Turkish businessman who was arrested in Miami in March for attempting to evade U.S. sanctions on Tehran, on Jan. 23 next year. The decision on June 20 came after U.S. District Judge Richard Berman in Manhattan denied bail on June 16 to Zarrab, who had applied to live in a lavish Manhattan apartment on a 50 million bond with private armed guards before going on trial.
The 10-minute hearing on June 20 was set to take place on June 16 but it was postponed after Judge Berman accepted U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- Secretary Pompeo Released A Republic Day Message
- Bitcoin Cash Devcon Gets Commended By Cornell Professor Emin Gün Sirer
- Seattle Turkish Film Festival Starts on November 9th