Over 200 Turkish businessmen are to participate in a four-day business forum starting today in Kampala. The forum aims at linking the buyer to the original seller or the manufacturer of Turkish products. The secretary general of Uganda Turkish Business Association, Lokman Ginar, explained that more Ugandan businessmen have been conned by middlemen.
“This was the best opportunity for Uganda to benefit,” Ginar said. Turkey is known for textile production, marine services, construction and agro business.
The initiative was started by the Speaker of Parliament, Rebecca Kadaga, who on her visit to Turkey, invited interested businessmen to invest in Uganda.
Over 50 Ugandan businessmen visit Turkey every month to explore business opportunities and learn more from the Turks.
“We have been buying furniture and other construction materials from Dubai, yet they are made in Turkey.
“This made these goods very expensive but this arrangement will helpus deal directly with the businessmen in Turkey,” said Isaac Mulindwa, one of the Ugandans who have registered for the partnership.
(By Nicholas oneal, http://www.newvision.co.ug)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Brooklyn Borough President Supports WeWalk
- Interfaith Leaders Gather at NYC
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor