Turkish American Judge Jay (Ceyhun) Karahan visited TCA headquarters in Washington, DC to speak with TCA Washington summer interns about public service, his career as a judge and attorney, and his experiences running for elected office. TCA summer interns also had the opportunity to ask questions and get advice about their own careers and future political ambitions.
Judge Karahan serves as the judge for Harris Country Criminal Court Number 8 in Houston, TX, a position he has held since 2003. Judge Karahan is the highest elected Turkish American official and is currently the only Turkish American currently serving in elected office.
Latest from Admin TOA
- Massive Security Operation Underway to Protect the 73rd Session of UNGA
- New York Turkish Apparel Center (TAC) Is Aspiring to Be The New Marketplace for U.S. Buyer
- Aziz Sancar's New Turkish Community Center Aims to Bring Turkish Culture to America
- Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya Considers Going Public
- Dr. Oz Recounts His Visits to Syrian Refugee Camps