MADRID — Turkey midfielder Hamit Altintop's switch from Bayern Munich to Real Madrid is set to be completed on Monday, the Spanish sport daily Marca reported on Saturday.
"It is expected that his signing with Real Madrid will be officially announced on Monday," wrote Marca, without citing a source.
Another sport daily, As, also reported that Altintop's deal was nearing completion and said his arrival was "at the express request of (Real coach Jose) Mourinho".
Altintop, currently sidelined with a back problem, has only played 63 games for Bayern in an injury-plagued four-year spell but will arrive on a free transfer because his contract at the German giants is due to expire.
The arrival of 28-year-old Altintop follows that of his 22-year-old international team-mate Nuri Sahin, who completed a 10 million euros ($14m) move to Real from German champions Borussia Dortmund last week. Source: AFP
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- Secretary Pompeo Released A Republic Day Message
- Bitcoin Cash Devcon Gets Commended By Cornell Professor Emin Gün Sirer
- Seattle Turkish Film Festival Starts on November 9th