Participants said that Turkish American society needed at least two deputies, one Democrat and one Republican, at the Congress, which would positively affect Turkish-U.S. relations. The 32nd National Turkish-American Congress began in Washington on Thursday.
On the first day of the congress, participants stressed that Turkish Americans should be involved in elections in the country more effectively as well as make financial support to the candidates in the elections.
Participants also said that Turkish American society needed at least two deputies, one Democrat and one Republican, at the Congress, which would positively affect Turkish-U.S. relations.
The congress was jointly held by Federation of Turkish American Associations Inc. (TADF), Assembly of Turkish American Associations (ATAA) and Washington-based Turkish American Community Center (TACC).
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics, NYC-Based National Logistics Provider, Raises Over $50,000 for Autism Awareness with 9th Annual Bike Tour with MTS for Autism
- NASA Awards $45.5 Million for Private Moon Lander Work on Project Artemis
- Pink Martini Goes on Turkey Tour
- Fire at New Haven Mosque Was Intentionally Set, Fire Chief Says
- AIA Elects Turkish Architect Emre Arolat as 2019 Honorary Fellow