Turkish singer and songwriter Sezen Aksu will return to London Oct. 5 this year, after a triumphant concert that saw over 3,500 people in attendance at London’s Royal Albert Hall in 2011. This will be her third show in one of the world’s most iconic and prestigious venues.
The famous singer played a memorable 2.5-hour set for her audience, mostly composed of Turkish residents of London. World-famous composer Fahrri Atakoğlu also accompanied Aksu on stage.
The organizer of the concert, Sebastian Merrick, said, “There are few artists in the world who have the personality and presence to fill the stage at the Royal Albert Hall; Sezen Aksu is one of them. This will be an unforgettable event in a magnificent atmosphere. The Royal Albert Hall is the natural venue for a legend such as Aksu. When Aksu takes to the stage she has the gift to make you feel as if you are right in her living room.”
Aksu previously performed in the Royal Albert Hall in 2007. Tickets for the concert will go on sale tomorrow.
(Hurrıyet Daily News, February/20/2013)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- TASC Calls Turkish-Americans to Invite Congressional Freshmen to Join Turkey Caucus
- Turkish-American Owned Benseron Selected One of 50 Florida Companies to Watch
- Visit Istanbul Will be Istanbul's Open Door to Tourism
- SOM Unveils Design for Burj Jumeira Tower in Dubai
- Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive at Berklee College of Music