Washington City Paper voted ATAA local chapter, American Turkish Association of Washington DC (ATA-DC) has having the "Best Cultural Festival". The Smithsonian Institute's Folk Life Festival placed second. In addition, in the category of Food and Drinks, ATADC Turkish Restaurant Week won the "Best Culinary Event" title, over Taste of DC and DC Restaurant Week. ATADC DC Turkish Festival had won the Best Cultural Festival of DC title in 2011 as well. For more information on the Turkish Festival, please visit: www.turkishfestival.org.
ATAA Vice President for the Capital Region and ATADC President Demet Cabbar was honored for her leadership in enriching DC diversity with Turkish culture and cuisine. The District of Columbia awarded ATADC the Humanities Grant.
ATAA VP Cabbar will be leading the DC Host Committee of the 33rd Annual ATAA Convention and Turkish American National Leadership Conference, which will be responsible for welcoming and assisting conference attendees during the three-day event, April 25-27, 2013.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Fox Renews ‘MasterChef Junior,’ Adds Daphne Oz as Judge
- Ozmens’ SNC Marks 50th Moon Landing Anniversary in U.S. & Europe
- Manhattan Printing Helps Brands & Retailers, Large or Small to Build Effective Presences that Improve Their Bottom Line
- Daron Acemoglu is Named Institute Professor at MIT
- Turkish Citizen Elected as the Next Greek Orthodox Archbishop of America