United States based Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya was married with Food Dreams Foundation president Louise Vongerichten, at the Turkish Consulate General in New York with a simple ceremony on Jan. 25. Ulukaya, 45, is of Turkish origin and the founder of the Chobani yogurt firm. His wife, 30, is of French origin and the co-founder of Food Dreams Foundation. The couple will reportedly hold a wedding ceremony in Turkey in summer months.
Vongerichten was born in New York City in 1987. Her father Jean-Georges and her mother Muriel had decided to settle down there after traveling the world. She grew up between New York and the south of France where she studied and practiced ballet.
She decided to return to the U.S. in 2005 where she studied finance in the U.S. capital Washington D.C. After working a few years for her father’s business, Vongerichten returned to France and completed her MBA at ESSEC International Business School in Paris. She then lived in Dubai and Hong Kong before finally settling back in New York City. Since then, she has opened two restaurants, under the name Chefs Club.
Vongerichten decided to establish Food Dreams with her family in early 2016 to help students have access to education and jobs within the culinary industry.
Meanwhile, Ulukaya is no newcomer to the philanthropy game. He had founded the Tent Foundation, which aims to improve the lives of people around the world who have been forced to abandon their homes in search for safety. It currently has 78 partners, among which are the Soros Fund Management and Facebook, as well as 12 non-governmental organizations, including the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- Chobani Announces $100K Grant Recipients in Magic Valley
- GCA 2018 Highlights: Crushing on Christine Lagarde, Chobani’s Ulukaya is More than Just a Yogurt Maker, And More
- Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya Considers Going Public
- Chobani Exploring 'Significant' Expansion of Upstate NY Yogurt Plant
- Hamdi Ulakaya Backed La Colombe considers selling a stake in the Philly-based coffee company
Latest from Admin TOA
- Pinar Toprak: Everything You Need to Know About Marvel’s First Female Composer
- Renowned Turkish Dr. Oz is on BiP Now!
- Trump's Trade Step Shows U.S. Can Hit Turkey Where It Hurts
- More than 50,000 Small and Medium-sized Businesses Exceeded $500,000 in Sales in Amazon’s Stores in 2018
- Refik Anadol, Turkish-American Artist Receives The Lifetime Awardees for 2019 Florence Biennale - Contemporary Arts