United States based Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya was married with Food Dreams Foundation president Louise Vongerichten, at the Turkish Consulate General in New York with a simple ceremony on Jan. 25. Ulukaya, 45, is of Turkish origin and the founder of the Chobani yogurt firm. His wife, 30, is of French origin and the co-founder of Food Dreams Foundation. The couple will reportedly hold a wedding ceremony in Turkey in summer months.
Vongerichten was born in New York City in 1987. Her father Jean-Georges and her mother Muriel had decided to settle down there after traveling the world. She grew up between New York and the south of France where she studied and practiced ballet.
She decided to return to the U.S. in 2005 where she studied finance in the U.S. capital Washington D.C. After working a few years for her father’s business, Vongerichten returned to France and completed her MBA at ESSEC International Business School in Paris. She then lived in Dubai and Hong Kong before finally settling back in New York City. Since then, she has opened two restaurants, under the name Chefs Club.
Vongerichten decided to establish Food Dreams with her family in early 2016 to help students have access to education and jobs within the culinary industry.
Meanwhile, Ulukaya is no newcomer to the philanthropy game. He had founded the Tent Foundation, which aims to improve the lives of people around the world who have been forced to abandon their homes in search for safety. It currently has 78 partners, among which are the Soros Fund Management and Facebook, as well as 12 non-governmental organizations, including the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- GCA 2018 Highlights: Crushing on Christine Lagarde, Chobani’s Ulukaya is More than Just a Yogurt Maker, And More
- Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya Considers Going Public
- Chobani Exploring 'Significant' Expansion of Upstate NY Yogurt Plant
- Hamdi Ulakaya Backed La Colombe considers selling a stake in the Philly-based coffee company
- Chobani CEO Talks Online Groceries and Yogurt Giveaway
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- Secretary Pompeo Released A Republic Day Message
- Bitcoin Cash Devcon Gets Commended By Cornell Professor Emin Gün Sirer
- Seattle Turkish Film Festival Starts on November 9th