The Turkish Coalition of America (TCA) and the Assembly of Turkish American Associations hosted twelve Members of Congress, Turkey's Ambassador to the United States, H.E. Namik Tan, and dozens of congressional staffers at a breakfast reception to mark the 60th anniversary of Turkey's NATO membership. In his remarks at the event, Ambassador Tan highlighted Turkey's crucial role in NATO's success and underscored that a strong U.S.-Turkey relationship based on shared values of "democracy, human rights, and the rule of law" has helped NATO maintain stability despite continual global challenges.
Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.) and Rep. Ed Whitfield (R-Ken.), co-chairs of the Congressional Caucus on Turkey and Turkish Americans (Turkish Caucus), also highlighted the importance of a vibrant U.S.-Turkey relationship in their opening remarks. "Turkey is one of our key allies, a country of great culture and cultural history," stated Rep. Cohen.
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.), Chair of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs praised TCA for its work in building cultural and economic ties. In her remarks, she stated that too many Americans are not aware of the importance of this relationship and added that she cherishes every opportunity to bring to light the strength and depth of the U.S.-Turkish ties.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Massive Security Operation Underway to Protect the 73rd Session of UNGA
- New York Turkish Apparel Center (TAC) Is Aspiring to Be The New Marketplace for U.S. Buyer
- Aziz Sancar's New Turkish Community Center Aims to Bring Turkish Culture to America
- Chobani CEO Hamdi Ulukaya Considers Going Public
- Dr. Oz Recounts His Visits to Syrian Refugee Camps