(AP) ISTANBUL - Turkey's state-run agency says the body of a New York City woman killed while on a solo vacation in Turkey is being returned home. The Anadolu Agency says a casket carrying the remains of Sarai Sierra was loaded onto a New York-bound plane on Thursday. The agency said Turkish Airlines is transporting the body for free.
The 33-year-old mother of two was found dead 12 days after she went missing in Istanbul. Police said she was killed by a blow to the head and are still trying to find her attacker or attackers.
Her family said Sierra was on her first trip abroad pursuing a newfound hobby of photography.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Devastating Monsoon Flood Emergency in Kerala
- Hayri Ablak, Founder of Vocelli Pizza, Dies in Pittsburg
- THO Commemorates The Second Anniversary of the July 15 Coup Attempt
- Businessman Güzel Wrote for Washington Times: How U.S.-Turkey Relations Grow Stronger
- Morton’s Is Closing in Georgetown, Here’s Hakan Ilhan’s Plan to Replace It