Participants said that Turkish American society needed at least two deputies, one Democrat and one Republican, at the Congress, which would positively affect Turkish-U.S. relations. The 32nd National Turkish-American Congress began in Washington on Thursday.
On the first day of the congress, participants stressed that Turkish Americans should be involved in elections in the country more effectively as well as make financial support to the candidates in the elections.
Participants also said that Turkish American society needed at least two deputies, one Democrat and one Republican, at the Congress, which would positively affect Turkish-U.S. relations.
The congress was jointly held by Federation of Turkish American Associations Inc. (TADF), Assembly of Turkish American Associations (ATAA) and Washington-based Turkish American Community Center (TACC).
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Scientist Ali Erdemir Is Elected A Member of The National Academy of Engineering
- Mayor de Blasio, Commissioner O'Neal Hold a Press Conference on Crime Statistics
- Turkey’s Yildirim Sets Financing in Bid for Long Beach Shipping Terminal
- Turkish Tech Entrepreneur Makes '30 under 30' list
- Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYPD Chief Harrison Visited Muslim Community after the Terror Attack in New Zealand