WASHINGTON- US State Department stated Ambassador Ricciardone only reiterated what Clinton had said earlier. The Spokesperson for the US State Department, Victoria Nuland said that US Ambassador in Ankara, Francis Ricciardone only reiterated what former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had said on several Turkish court cases.
Asked about Ambassador Ricciardone’s recent statements in the Turkish media on several Turkish court cases during a press conference on Thursday in Washington, Victoria Nuland stressed that “Ambassador Ricciardone only reiterated what former US Secretary of State Clinton had said on several Turkish court cases. I am sure that (new) US Secretary of State John Kerry would say the same things when he gets a chance to speak to the public opinion.”
“This is nothing new for us. We have been very frank on such issues in Turkey in front of the public and in special environments,” Nuland underlined.
The responsibility of Turkey’s friends and allies is to strengthen the rule of law in Turkey and to protect human rights as well as to point out, with due respect, the importance of progressing in protecting freedom of expression for journalists and blog writers, Nuland added.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Scientist Ali Erdemir Is Elected A Member of The National Academy of Engineering
- Mayor de Blasio, Commissioner O'Neal Hold a Press Conference on Crime Statistics
- Turkey’s Yildirim Sets Financing in Bid for Long Beach Shipping Terminal
- Turkish Tech Entrepreneur Makes '30 under 30' list
- Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYPD Chief Harrison Visited Muslim Community after the Terror Attack in New Zealand