Bönen, Germany – The Turkish immigration to Germany started with the signing of an agreement in 1961. The move, which had a slow pace in the beginning, increased as per arrangement between Turkey and the European Economic Community in 1963. While there were 6800 Turkish people living in Germany in 1961, with the arrival of new immigrants the number went up to over 1 million in 1975 and climbed to over 2 million in 1998.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- Secretary Pompeo Released A Republic Day Message
- Bitcoin Cash Devcon Gets Commended By Cornell Professor Emin Gün Sirer
- Seattle Turkish Film Festival Starts on November 9th