Bönen, Germany – The Turkish immigration to Germany started with the signing of an agreement in 1961. The move, which had a slow pace in the beginning, increased as per arrangement between Turkey and the European Economic Community in 1963. While there were 6800 Turkish people living in Germany in 1961, with the arrival of new immigrants the number went up to over 1 million in 1975 and climbed to over 2 million in 1998.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Pinar Toprak: Everything You Need to Know About Marvel’s First Female Composer
- Renowned Turkish Dr. Oz is on BiP Now!
- Trump's Trade Step Shows U.S. Can Hit Turkey Where It Hurts
- More than 50,000 Small and Medium-sized Businesses Exceeded $500,000 in Sales in Amazon’s Stores in 2018
- Refik Anadol, Turkish-American Artist Receives The Lifetime Awardees for 2019 Florence Biennale - Contemporary Arts