Turkey will purchase two Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT) F-35 fighter jets and and 15 helicopters from Textron Inc. (TXT) for the police department, the Defense Industries Undersecretary said today in a statement. Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan convened a meeting with the Defense Industries Undersecretary Murad Bayar, Defense Minister Ismet Yilmaz and the military’s Chief of General Staff Necdet Ozel today in Ankara, where the orders were approved.
Turkey also decided to start talks with Tusas Turkish Aerospace Industries for the Ankara-based company to start mass production of drones to meet an order of 10 domestically manufactured unmanned aerial vehicles.
The government said it will open negotiations for an agreement with Aselsan Elektronik Sanayi & Ticaret AS to develop a multi-purpose radar for the navy, according to the statement. Turkey said it picked Kale Havacilik Sanayi AS to build turbo- jet engines in line with air force needs.(Bloomberg)
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- Secretary Pompeo Released A Republic Day Message
- Bitcoin Cash Devcon Gets Commended By Cornell Professor Emin Gün Sirer
- Seattle Turkish Film Festival Starts on November 9th