U.S. tennis player Serena Williams said that she did not know she had "so many fans in Istanbul". Williams' comments came after she defeated German rival Angelique Kerber by winning two sets, 6-4 and 6-1 at the TEB-BNP Paribas WTA Championships in Istanbul. Speaking at a press conference, Williams said that she had never come to Istanbul before.
"The atmosphere here was excellent. I did not know that I had so many fans in Istanbul. It was an honor to see so many people support me during today's game," Williams also said. Kerber, in her part, said that "Williams played very well today". "It was a tough game, Tomorrow is a new day and will be a new game," Kerber also said. ISTANBUL, AA
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor
- Can Netflix Take Turkey’s TV Dramas to the World?
- Studio Vural Designs Memorial to Slain Journalist Jamal Khashoggi