On April 5, THO President Ali Cinar will testify before the House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats. The hearing will take place at 2 PM, and is titled “Turkey’s Democracy Under Challenge.”
The Subcommittee will primarily focus on two issues; the proposed changes to the constitution and the expansion of presidential power, democratic conditions in Turkey following the coup attempt.
The Subcommittee has been closely monitoring the developments in Turkey and has held several hearings last year. Wednesday's hearing will be the first hearing under Trump Administration. Hearing will be THO President's second testimony. On February 3, 2016 Cinar testified for the same Subcommittee, which examined political trends in Turkey.
Other invited witnesses for the hearing are; Mr. David L. Phillips, Director of Program on Peace-Building and Rights Institute for the Study of Human Rights Columbia University, Mr. Mehmet Yuksel, People's Democratic Party Representative to the United States, and Ms. Naz Durakoglu, Strategist and Senior Fellow Digital Forensic Research Lab at Atlantic Council.
Mr. David L. Phillips, Director
Program on Peace-Building and Rights
Institute for the Study of Human Rights
Mr. Mehmet Yuksel
Representative to the United States
People’s Democratic Party in Turkey
Mr. Ali Cinar
Turkish Heritage Organization
Ms. Naz Durakoglu
Strategist and Senior Fellow
Digital Forensic Research Lab
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Pinar Toprak: Everything You Need to Know About Marvel’s First Female Composer
- Renowned Turkish Dr. Oz is on BiP Now!
- Trump's Trade Step Shows U.S. Can Hit Turkey Where It Hurts
- More than 50,000 Small and Medium-sized Businesses Exceeded $500,000 in Sales in Amazon’s Stores in 2018
- Refik Anadol, Turkish-American Artist Receives The Lifetime Awardees for 2019 Florence Biennale - Contemporary Arts