Turkish American businesswoman Eren Ozmen is selected one of the America's richest self-made women by Forbes. Forbes has compiled list of the nation's self-made women as measured by their net worths. Forbes
Eren Ozmen is president and co-owner of private defense and aerospace company Sierra Nevada Corp. SNC announced a partnership with the United Nation in September 2016 to use its Dream Chaser spacecraft to help developing countries get into space.
The company is also starting a program with the European Space Agency and two other European space companies. Ozmen and her husband Fatih bought SNC in 1994 when it had just 20 employees. Today the company has nearly 3,000 employees in 34 locations in U.S., England, Germany, and Turkey. Eren Ozmen, who is chairman of Sierra Nevada, the biggest female-owned federal contractor in the U.S.
Nevada has the third highest number of self-made women on this year's list. Defense contractor Sierra Nevada Corp. president Eren Ozmen is a newly minted billionaire with a $1.1 billion fortune. She immigrated to the U.S. from Turkey for grad school and lives in Reno. In 1994, she bought Nevada-based SNC with her husband. SNC is partnering with the U.N. to use its Dream Chaser spacecraft to help developing countries get into space. (Source: Forbes)
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics, NYC-Based National Logistics Provider, Raises Over $50,000 for Autism Awareness with 9th Annual Bike Tour with MTS for Autism
- NASA Awards $45.5 Million for Private Moon Lander Work on Project Artemis
- Pink Martini Goes on Turkey Tour
- Fire at New Haven Mosque Was Intentionally Set, Fire Chief Says
- AIA Elects Turkish Architect Emre Arolat as 2019 Honorary Fellow