Four years after going into contract, a mystery buyer shelled out nearly $48 million for the priciest penthouse at Alexico Group
Alexico has put more than a decade of work into 56 Leonard, which stalled during the financial crisis. After bringing Hines on board in 2013, the partners jumpstarted construction and launched sales. Closings began last year.
Last month, a buyer closed on Penthouse 59 for $29 million, slightly below the asking price of $31.5 million. Another unknown buyer paid $56 million to combine two units on the 53rd and 54th floors into a massive 11,892-square-foot pad. Known buyers include Leon Shaulov, a portfolio manager at the defunct Galleon Group, who paid $26.8 million.
The building has two units remaining, including a half-floor penthouse asking $17.75 million and a $3.175 million one-bedroom.
By E.B. Solomont\therealdeal.com
Latest from Admin TOA
- Pinar Toprak: Everything You Need to Know About Marvel’s First Female Composer
- Renowned Turkish Dr. Oz is on BiP Now!
- Trump's Trade Step Shows U.S. Can Hit Turkey Where It Hurts
- More than 50,000 Small and Medium-sized Businesses Exceeded $500,000 in Sales in Amazon’s Stores in 2018
- Refik Anadol, Turkish-American Artist Receives The Lifetime Awardees for 2019 Florence Biennale - Contemporary Arts