Four years after going into contract, a mystery buyer shelled out nearly $48 million for the priciest penthouse at Alexico Group
Alexico has put more than a decade of work into 56 Leonard, which stalled during the financial crisis. After bringing Hines on board in 2013, the partners jumpstarted construction and launched sales. Closings began last year.
Last month, a buyer closed on Penthouse 59 for $29 million, slightly below the asking price of $31.5 million. Another unknown buyer paid $56 million to combine two units on the 53rd and 54th floors into a massive 11,892-square-foot pad. Known buyers include Leon Shaulov, a portfolio manager at the defunct Galleon Group, who paid $26.8 million.
The building has two units remaining, including a half-floor penthouse asking $17.75 million and a $3.175 million one-bedroom.
By E.B. Solomont\therealdeal.com
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Members and Community Leaders gather at NYPD MTS Heritage Gala
- 5th Annual TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress Concludes
- Secretary Pompeo Released A Republic Day Message
- Bitcoin Cash Devcon Gets Commended By Cornell Professor Emin Gün Sirer
- Seattle Turkish Film Festival Starts on November 9th