Four years after going into contract, a mystery buyer shelled out nearly $48 million for the priciest penthouse at Alexico Group
Alexico has put more than a decade of work into 56 Leonard, which stalled during the financial crisis. After bringing Hines on board in 2013, the partners jumpstarted construction and launched sales. Closings began last year.
Last month, a buyer closed on Penthouse 59 for $29 million, slightly below the asking price of $31.5 million. Another unknown buyer paid $56 million to combine two units on the 53rd and 54th floors into a massive 11,892-square-foot pad. Known buyers include Leon Shaulov, a portfolio manager at the defunct Galleon Group, who paid $26.8 million.
The building has two units remaining, including a half-floor penthouse asking $17.75 million and a $3.175 million one-bedroom.
By E.B. Solomont\therealdeal.com
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor
- Can Netflix Take Turkey’s TV Dramas to the World?
- Studio Vural Designs Memorial to Slain Journalist Jamal Khashoggi