By Ali Cinar - Police Commissioner James P. O’Neill, First Deputy Commissioner Benjamin Tucker and Chief of Department Terrence Monahan’s Holiday Party and many NYPD Officers enjoyed the Holiday Party that was held on Russo's on the Bay. NYPD Middle East & Turkic Society Members were also present at the Holiday Party. The members were great to see so many colleagues come together to support the great leadership that they have at the NYPD.
Successful Year for NYPD
New York City achieves record breaking low crime in 2018.
Key highlights from 2018's crime statistics include:
Lowest number of index crimes in the modern era. There were 1,245 fewer incidents compared to 97,089 in 2017, or -1.3%;
Lowest number of homicides recorded in the modern era, 289 compared to 292 in 2017;
Robberies, burglaries, and grand larceny autos down when comparing 2018 versus 2017;
Felony assaults and grand larcenies were up less than half of a percentage point when comparing 2017 to 2018;
Shooting incidents were down 35 incidents, or 4.4%, when comparing 2017 to 2018
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics, NYC-Based National Logistics Provider, Raises Over $50,000 for Autism Awareness with 9th Annual Bike Tour with MTS for Autism
- NASA Awards $45.5 Million for Private Moon Lander Work on Project Artemis
- Pink Martini Goes on Turkey Tour
- Fire at New Haven Mosque Was Intentionally Set, Fire Chief Says
- AIA Elects Turkish Architect Emre Arolat as 2019 Honorary Fellow