Real Madrid star Christiano Ronaldo urged followers to remember and help Syrian refugee children, who have been affected by the ongoing crisis in their country, losing loved ones by the bombs, experiencing hunger, and drowning in the Mediterranean with the hopes to reach a safe haven.
In a message posted on his Twitter account, Ronaldo said that although a lot can happen over the course of five years, nothing has changed for Syrian refugee kids.
"Don't forget about them," he added. This is not the first time Ronaldo takes action for children in the Middle East.
He previously posted a message saying that the children of Syria are the real heroes: "This is for the children of Syria. We know that you have been suffering a lot. I am a very famous player – but you are the true heroes. Don't lose your hope. The world is with you. We care about you. I am with you."
In 2015, he met the son of a Syrian father who was tripped by a Hungarian reporter as they were trying to cross the border to reach Europe. Also in the same year, he welcomed a little Lebanese boy, who was orphaned by a Daesh terrorist attack in Beirut. In 2016, Ronaldo met Ahmad Dawabsheh, a five-year-old Palestinian boy who was the only survivor of a family whose house was burned down by Israeli extremists. Ronaldo has also supported charities such as Save the Children and UNICEF. Source; Daily Sabah
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics, NYC-Based National Logistics Provider, Raises Over $50,000 for Autism Awareness with 9th Annual Bike Tour with MTS for Autism
- NASA Awards $45.5 Million for Private Moon Lander Work on Project Artemis
- Pink Martini Goes on Turkey Tour
- Fire at New Haven Mosque Was Intentionally Set, Fire Chief Says
- AIA Elects Turkish Architect Emre Arolat as 2019 Honorary Fellow