Real Madrid star Christiano Ronaldo urged followers to remember and help Syrian refugee children, who have been affected by the ongoing crisis in their country, losing loved ones by the bombs, experiencing hunger, and drowning in the Mediterranean with the hopes to reach a safe haven.
In a message posted on his Twitter account, Ronaldo said that although a lot can happen over the course of five years, nothing has changed for Syrian refugee kids.
"Don't forget about them," he added. This is not the first time Ronaldo takes action for children in the Middle East.
He previously posted a message saying that the children of Syria are the real heroes: "This is for the children of Syria. We know that you have been suffering a lot. I am a very famous player – but you are the true heroes. Don't lose your hope. The world is with you. We care about you. I am with you."
In 2015, he met the son of a Syrian father who was tripped by a Hungarian reporter as they were trying to cross the border to reach Europe. Also in the same year, he welcomed a little Lebanese boy, who was orphaned by a Daesh terrorist attack in Beirut. In 2016, Ronaldo met Ahmad Dawabsheh, a five-year-old Palestinian boy who was the only survivor of a family whose house was burned down by Israeli extremists. Ronaldo has also supported charities such as Save the Children and UNICEF. Source; Daily Sabah
Latest from Admin TOA
- Turkish Scientist Ali Erdemir Is Elected A Member of The National Academy of Engineering
- Mayor de Blasio, Commissioner O'Neal Hold a Press Conference on Crime Statistics
- Turkey’s Yildirim Sets Financing in Bid for Long Beach Shipping Terminal
- Turkish Tech Entrepreneur Makes '30 under 30' list
- Mayor Bill de Blasio and NYPD Chief Harrison Visited Muslim Community after the Terror Attack in New Zealand