Bönen, Germany – The Turkish immigration to Germany started with the signing of an agreement in 1961. The move, which had a slow pace in the beginning, increased as per arrangement between Turkey and the European Economic Community in 1963. While there were 6800 Turkish people living in Germany in 1961, with the arrival of new immigrants the number went up to over 1 million in 1975 and climbed to over 2 million in 1998.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Brooklyn Borough President Supports WeWalk
- Interfaith Leaders Gather at NYC
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor