Turkish American Professor Gokhan S. Hotamisligil received the 2018 EASD–Novo Nordisk Foundation Diabetes Prize for Excellence for his outstanding research efforts that have led to groundbreaking new knowledge about the relationship between obesity and diabetes and potential paths for treatment.
Professor Hotamisligil is a Turkish American physician scientist; James Stevens Simmons Professor of Genetics and Metabolism; chair of the Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health (HSPH); director of the Sabri Ulker Center for Metabolic Research and associate member of Harvard-MIT Broad Institute, Harvard Stem Cell Institute and the Joslin Diabetes Center. The Prize is awarded in collaboration between the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation to recognize outstanding research or technology contributions to the understanding of diabetes, its disease mechanisms or its complications. The Prize is accompanied by DKK 6 million (approximately one million U.S. dollars) for personal and research purposes.
Last modified onWednesday, 19 September 2018 22:41
Latest from Admin TOA
- TASC Calls Turkish-Americans to Invite Congressional Freshmen to Join Turkey Caucus
- Turkish-American Owned Benseron Selected One of 50 Florida Companies to Watch
- Visit Istanbul Will be Istanbul's Open Door to Tourism
- SOM Unveils Design for Burj Jumeira Tower in Dubai
- Aspire: Five-Week Music Performance Intensive at Berklee College of Music