Responding to TCA's call for outreach to elected officials, four Turkish Americans joined members of Congress and industry representatives in Chicago, IL at the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) PAC Chicago Retreat on October 20-21, 2017. Eleven Congressional Black Caucus members attended, including Assistant Democratic Leader Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC/6th), Ranking Member of the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia, and Emerging Threats Rep. Greg Meeks (D-NY/5th), Foreign Affairs Committee Member Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL/2nd), Turkey Caucus members Reps. GK Butterfield (D-NC/1st), Danny Davis (D-IL/7th), Hank Johnson (D-GA/4th), Brenda Lawrence (D-MI/14th), Stacey Plaskett (D-VA/AL), Bobby Rush (D-IL/1st), and Reps. Joyce Beatty (D-OH/3rd) and Gwen Moore (D-WI/4th). The four Turkish American participants were Cem Karsan, Elhan Orhon, Dr. Hande Ozdinler, and Hakan Akgun, all of Chicago, IL.
TCA President G. Lincoln McCurdy held a roundtable discussion in San Francisco, CA with members of the Turkish American community where they discussed Turkish American outreach to elected officials, U.S.-Turkey relations, and issues important to the Turkish American community.
The Maryland Governor's Commission on Middle Eastern American Affairs hosted a mixer in Annapolis, MD harbor aboard the 'Pride of Baltimore II', a large clipper-type ship. The event was attended by commission leadership and staff, key Maryland government officials, faith-based, non-profit, and business leaders from Maryland's Middle Eastern communities, as well as guests from the U.S. Naval Academy. The Turkish American community was represented by Turkish American National Steering Committee (TASC) Co-Chair Gunay Evinch, TASC Secretary General Oya Bain, and TCA Project Coordinator Sezan McDaniel.
- TCA Announces 12th Annual Washington Summer Internship Program
- Turkey’s First F-35A Lightning II Stealth Aircraft Makes Maiden Flight
- The Businessman Who Spent 60 Million Dollars for the Case of Turkey
- Activities of Turkish American Women’s Leadership Initiative
- Turkish American Judge Jay Karahan Meets with TCA Summer Interns
Latest from Admin TOA
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor
- Can Netflix Take Turkey’s TV Dramas to the World?
- Studio Vural Designs Memorial to Slain Journalist Jamal Khashoggi