On May 16, 2012, as a result of the Pax Turcica annual action to recognize the 94th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, the Governor of the State of Rhode Island, Lincoln D. Chafee, issued a formal proclamation (citation) greeting the people of Azerbaijan and the Azerbaijani community in Rhode Island. This recognition by the Rhode Island Governor was received by and due to the efforts of Azerbaijani-American Council (AAC) representative in Rhode Island and a long-time Pax Turcica activist, Zikret Hasan.
This is the fourth state-level recognition obtained by the Pax Turcica campaigns in less than 3 months of 2012, which once more confirms the resounding success of the Pax Turcica grassroots advocacy.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Devastating Monsoon Flood Emergency in Kerala
- Hayri Ablak, Founder of Vocelli Pizza, Dies in Pittsburg
- THO Commemorates The Second Anniversary of the July 15 Coup Attempt
- Businessman Güzel Wrote for Washington Times: How U.S.-Turkey Relations Grow Stronger
- Morton’s Is Closing in Georgetown, Here’s Hakan Ilhan’s Plan to Replace It