On May 16, 2012, as a result of the Pax Turcica annual action to recognize the 94th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, the Governor of the State of Rhode Island, Lincoln D. Chafee, issued a formal proclamation (citation) greeting the people of Azerbaijan and the Azerbaijani community in Rhode Island. This recognition by the Rhode Island Governor was received by and due to the efforts of Azerbaijani-American Council (AAC) representative in Rhode Island and a long-time Pax Turcica activist, Zikret Hasan.
This is the fourth state-level recognition obtained by the Pax Turcica campaigns in less than 3 months of 2012, which once more confirms the resounding success of the Pax Turcica grassroots advocacy.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- Brooklyn Borough President Supports WeWalk
- Interfaith Leaders Gather at NYC
- NYPD Holds a Special Holiday Party
- Selen Comes in Like a 'Typhoon', Turkish Immigrant Voted Chatham Township Mayor in 3-2 Count; Kelly Voted Deputy Mayor
- Tayfun Selen Becomes First Turkish Mayor to Be Elected in US After Being Voted Chatham Township Mayor