By Ali Cinar, Brooklyn, (January 9th-2015) - NYPD Officers in Brooklyn had a visit to Eyup Sultan Cultural and Mosque Center. Former President of Eyup Sultan and NYPD Clergy Liason Kenan Taskent made a short presentation about the organization during visit. Since there is a big Islamophobia issue raising globally, it was a very important visit for NYPD Officers to know their neighbor moslem organization in Brooklyn.
NYPD Officers also had a chance to meet the members of the organization and to see how they practice during Friday Pray. Imam Ilyas Gonen made a speech on Islam and how to fight w terrorism. Imam stated that" Muslims are not terrorists, islam is a religion of peace. it does not allow the killing of others, and that those who carried out the attacks are twisting the teachings of Islam by claiming to act in the name of Islam."
One of the NYPD Officers, Jack Shnayder said" When we get to know the Moslem Community, We understand better. This kind of visits are very helpful for us"
Congresswoman Yvette Clark has been visited to Eyup Sultan Center and the Executive Committee is planning to invite NYC Mayor Blasio with the upcoming months.
Last modified onSaturday, 06 May 2017 10:07
Latest from Admin TOA
- MTS Logistics, NYC-Based National Logistics Provider, Raises Over $50,000 for Autism Awareness with 9th Annual Bike Tour with MTS for Autism
- NASA Awards $45.5 Million for Private Moon Lander Work on Project Artemis
- Pink Martini Goes on Turkey Tour
- Fire at New Haven Mosque Was Intentionally Set, Fire Chief Says
- AIA Elects Turkish Architect Emre Arolat as 2019 Honorary Fellow