How much salary do you need to earn in order to afford the principal, interest, tax and insurance payments on a median-priced home in your metro area?
For our calculations, HSH.com uses the National Association of Realtors’ 2017 first-quarter data for median-home prices, national mortgage rate data derived from weekly surveys by Freddie Mac and the Mortgage Bankers Association of America for 30-year fixed rate mortgages and available property tax and homeowners insurance costs to determine the annual salary it takes to afford the base cost of owning a home (principal, interest, property tax and homeowner's insurance, or PITI) in the nation's 27 largest metropolitan areas.
Author | Kevin Aizenshtat -
Latest from Admin TOA
- Murat Guzel's Natural Food Group in Whitehall Gives Food to Houston Flood Victims.
- Business World in New York Gets Together at This Summit
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to meet with Turkish and Muslim American community leaders, advocates in NYC
- Seven Turkish Americans Running for Elected Office
- Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection Wins 'APT Software of the Year' 2017 CyberSecurity Breakthrough Award