How much salary do you need to earn in order to afford the principal, interest, tax and insurance payments on a median-priced home in your metro area?
For our calculations, HSH.com uses the National Association of Realtors’ 2017 first-quarter data for median-home prices, national mortgage rate data derived from weekly surveys by Freddie Mac and the Mortgage Bankers Association of America for 30-year fixed rate mortgages and available property tax and homeowners insurance costs to determine the annual salary it takes to afford the base cost of owning a home (principal, interest, property tax and homeowner's insurance, or PITI) in the nation's 27 largest metropolitan areas.
Author | Kevin Aizenshtat -
Latest from Admin TOA
- New Jersey’s Most Experienced Turkish Dentist: Gürbüz Edeer
- This Startup Developed a Promising New Battery Material—and a Novel Survival Strategy
- Turkish Burger King Operator TFI Files for IPO in New York
- Trendspotters’ Predictions for the top 10 Food Trends of 2018
- Sparks-based Sierra Nevada Corp Tests Dream Chaser Spacecraft